Thursday, January 10, 2008

I'm Still Standing...

Yup. Been a while, right?

Sorry for the delay people that actually still read this site (are they any, haha), I've been a bit busy.

Busy you ask? Well that is no excuse Lisa....

except it is. Because I've been busy...

MOVING TO NEW YORK CITY.

Yup. Flew in on Sunday, found a place, moved in a few hours ago. All of this NYC nonsense was started, decided, and done in less than a month. I literally flew out here, did some internship interviews, said "fuck it" and threw caution to the wind, packed my life up, condensed my life into two suitcases, flew out here.

Well, what I really came here for was two internships. I was offered three, and the job prospects and opportunities in the music industry are just greater in NYC over Chicago. And if I'm gonna jump, it's now or never.

So I'm interning now for two different record labels. Yes, I am nuts and moved to New York to work two jobs that don't pay. I also had no place to live when I got here. Crashed at a friends for a few days until I finally found a place that will do for now. It was the only place I felt safe walking home to from the train. Things are totally rougher in NYC then I ever had in Chicago.

So yeah, that is the big news and explanation of my absence. Everything is turned upside down, and my life has completely changed in a matter of days. I went from my two decent jobs and my lovely beach front apartment living alone and happy, to two no paying jobs, in need of a pt paying job, living in an apartment with people I don't know in a tiny room. Sigh. I know I'm being a Debbie Downer, it's just all a total shock. But I do live in a relatively safe area, and my roommates (a couple) seem nice. And I can always make any room feel like home. I'll be ok once I get my bearings.

Life is a grand adventure folks, and I am fully living it. Once I get back into the swing of things, I'll be in touch about RUNNING!!! The nice thing is I'm a short train ride from Prospect Park in Brooklyn, and I also have Central Park that I can do long runs in, so I'm really excited about that! Now if only I can find me a running partner, I'll be set.

Hope all is well in everyones crazy life, take care, and stay tuned!

Lisa

1 comment:

Pip said...

Nice to have you back. I was just thinking last week that I needed to drop you an email. New York certainly sounds exciting.

If it's any consolation I haven't been able to run that much since injuring my ankle in November. I'm now training for a 101km cycle ride in April instead. I'm terrified!

Looking forward to hearing about all your adventures in your new city...