Monday, March 31, 2008

Well, I'm not dead...

Hello there internet people that actually sometimes read this site.

I'm back from the dead, or so it seems. I've just been having grand adventures.

I recently, as in the past two weeks, moved back to Chicago! Oh crazy times, crazy life. I just wasn't feeling NYC. It's a lovely city to visit for me, but not to live in. I'm a true Midwest girl, and since things are starting to pick up with my own company, I headed back to fully start things rolling. For those not in the know, I graduated with a degree in music management and marketing, during a time when the music industry is in great peril and falling apart. So needless to say starting my company (albeit being a crazy idea) maybe the best way to save this dying industry right now. I left behind a great label I was interning for in NYC, but I'm facing this scary world head on, and I think sometimes the scarier and braver the choice, the better the reward in the end.

So everything is new and unknown and exciting, but I'm so glad to be back in sweet home Chicago in my new place! Now if only the weather was better for running, I'd be set :)

So I've been slacking on the running, which is NO GOOD since the 1/2 marathon is in 32 days. Eek! BUT I am going to Fleet Feet to try to participate in the Jeff Galloway easy run tonight. Yup, the Jeff Galloway who popularized the Galloway method. He's leading an easy run, then speaking about his method and using it to better train for marathons. Should give me a mixed dose of guilt for being lazy, and also pump me up to get back on track. Fun times, fun times.

So back to work I go, which is a very odd thing, since I work for myself now. It's very strange to say "ok Lisa, it's 9 am, time to go set down and do your office stuff and not play around for the next few hours." Looks like I'm growing up, eh?

Take care, and I promise I'll be posting more again soon!

Hugs and Kisses from Chicago!

-Lisa

1 comment:

Pip said...

Welcome back! I've been really slack and still have the various components of the package I am going to send you sitting around at home (it's not just you, I've got a few I need to send off, so I'm slack all around). It will happen ...

Sounds like life has been a real rollercoaster, but if you want to be in Chicago, then that's the right decision for you. Good luck with the new company. I 'd love to hear more about what you are going to do.

Good luck with the running too! I'm a couple of weeks away from cycling 101km - my first ever cycling race, and my first ever 100km. I'm sooooo underprepared! We're in autumn here, so I'm hoping the weather holds out for long enough for me to get some longer rides in. Starting to get back into the running now too. My ankle seems to be holding up ok!